Aprende a navegar con confianza en la Riviera francesa
Let Villa Hostels help you organise your coastal motorboat licence training. Discover the freedom of driving a motorboat with a coastal license that allows you to go up to 6 nautical miles from shelter.
Nautic Meeting Point: The best motorboat school in Nice
More than just a training center, el Nautic Meeting Point is the nautical meeting place for the Port of Nice. With many years experience at sea, the instructors can share their expertise with people wishing to learn to navigate and perfect their skills in a marine environment.
Nautic Meeting Point ENF (escuela francesa de navegación) representative in the Port of Nice. ENF is involved in the preservation of nautical heritage and represents the association of “Maritime and Fluvial Heritage”.
The 3 days motorboat coastal license course
Nautic Meeting Point will provide students with the best possible training and equipment for them to complete their course successfully. Including access to their specially equipped Teck boat.
Day 01: Theory
Temas tratados durante la formación teórica de la licencia
- coastal marking, beach markings, and signs
- signals: sound signals, weather signals, distress signals
- lights and ships markings
- las reglas de navegación y seguridad
- las limitaciones de la navegación
- conducción en visibilidad restringida
- the equipment and safety of pleasure craft in the coastal category
- regulations relating to the licensing of pleasure craft
- the responsibility of the skipper and its legal consequences
- introduction to reading a nautical chart
- the global distress and safety at sea (SMSDM) and the proper use of a VHF radio system
Day 02: Navigation
2 hours of practice at sea driving and navigating
Day 03: Examination
Tests are taken on Monday (and Tuesday in the high season).
The multiple choice exam takes about 1 hour and has 30 multiple choice questions, you must get at least 25 correct in order to pass.
The training and the exam are in French, the trainers also speak English and Italian.
Price for the course and license
The training course, exam and license costs 355€.
You must also pay government fees and get a tax stamp. 38€ and 70€ respectively. They can be purchased aqui
How to register for the course?
You will need to complete the forms on the ENF website, these can be accessed aqui
You will need to have these documents to register:
- copy of your passport or ID CARD
- una foto para el DNI o pasaporte (sin sonrisa, sin gafas)
- 2 tax stamps, one €38 and one €70 you can buy them directly aqui
- the medical form signed by a doctor
- a complete contract agreement with all information
THE contract and medical form can be downloaded from aqui
Your documents must be presented by Tuesday evening to access to the official exam for the next Monday.